Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Beauty Empties: Sample Edition


1. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
I somehow had two samples of this so I used it twice in a row. It was super lightweight to the point where I was applying Cetaphil AND this moisturizing gel because my skin still felt dry. I have combination skin so parts of my skin require more moisture and this wasn't enough.

2. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster
This was my first time using a serum. In the past, I always wrote serums off because I never really thought there was a need for them but after reading a blog post, I learned that they're actually one of the most important products in skincare. I love the smell of this and liked the product enough to use 100 of my Sephora Beauty Insider points to get the deluxe sample of this.

3. Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil
Like the serum, this was my first time using face oil and I loved it! It has a really citrusy smell and I felt that it actually did improve the quality of my skin. I always thought that oils would make me break out but they make my skin smoother and softer.

4. L'occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
I'm only 19 so eye creams don't really do much for me. I've used a bunch of eye cream samples but they're so expensive and I feel like there's never any noticeable difference.

5. Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Lightly Whipped Body Butter
I absolutely loved the texture of this and how soft it made my skin. The formula is lightweight and "whipped" and not greasy. The only downside was that I wasn't a huge fan of the smell. The smell is a big enough turn off that even though I loved the product, I wouldn't buy it again.

6. Shiseido Future Solution LX Eye and Lip Contour Regenerating Cream
Like with the L'occitane eye cream, I really don't think these do much. If anything, it made my lips more moisturized but other than that, no difference.

7. Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream
I've heard so many good things about Dr. Jart+ so I was really excited to try this sample. This BB cream is amazing! It actually perfectly matches my skin color and goes on super smoothly and evenly. The only downside is that the full product is $39.00 and that's what's keeping me from buying it as of right now.

Overall, none of the samples were super outstanding but I definitely liked the two Ole Henriksen products best and the Dr. Jart+ BB cream. The Soap and Glory body butter would have been amazing but I just can't get over the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment